Monday, March 16, 2009

Today is the big day!

Today is the first day of two big goals I am hoping to achieve this year. The first is to run the Chicago Rock 'n' Roll Half-Marathon on August 2nd. So, I'm not exactly a runner, or at least not yet. The extent of my running abilities were in Jr. High football, and that was mostly sprinting. This will definitely be my first attempt at any type of long distance running. I made it to the gym around 8:00 am to begin my first week of training. Now, because I have zero history running, I found a nifty little training plan on RunnersWorld.com to get me running a solid 30 minutes without stopping. If you're interested in checking out my training schedule, click here.

I am also starting my P90X workout program today. I've decided to wait and post the Day 1 picture until I have a Day 30 picture to post with it and compare :-)

This past weekend was busy busy busy. My sister came into town so that I could start taking some of her senior pictures. It was also my roommates surprise birthday party, which was incredibly fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment