Saturday, March 21, 2009

About Me

From time to time I am going to post a blog about something I really like, whether it be a movie, book, artist, ect. Today I would like to share with you all my favorite song of all time. The song is titled "The Day The World Went Away" by Nine Inch Nails off of "The Fragile" cd released back in 2000. It was actually the first song I had heard by NIN and started a love affair with Trent Reznors music that is still going strong. For all of you that don't know, Trent Reznor is the single person behind the 'band' known as Nine Inch Nails. He writes the music and lyrics as well as produces most of his own music. On tour he usually has a certain group (however lately the lineup has changed often) to play the music live. I first bought the single for the song 'The Day The World Went Away (or TDTWWA) on a Christmas break trip to Memphis when I was still in high school long before I ever knew I'd be living in Memphis for school and work. There are many variations of TDTWWA available, but my all time favorite is off of the single release and it is known as "the quiet" version. Also, a bit of trivia related to the song, it is recently featured in the trailer for the new Terminator Salvation movie which can be viewed here Terminator Salvation . (trailer 3) Here is also a link to the quiet version on youtube if you'd like a listen :-) TDTWWA (Quiet)



No comments:

Post a Comment